Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young was living the dream, being drafted in the NFL as a wide receiver and playing along side players like Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson. Apparently that wasn’t good enough for Titus, as everyone has been watching his life spiral out of control into irrelevancy and trouble. It’s really unfortunate seeing a young man (23 years old) have such a promising future and throw it all away with mistake after mistake. Not learning anything from those continuous mistakes.
What Titus did on Sunday, May 5th, might not even come as a surprise to you at this point. According to ESPN.com, Young was arrested twice on Sunday in southern California, first for suspected drunk driving early Sunday, then about 14 hours later for attempting to steal his impounded car from the tow yard. As ridiculous as it sounds, it’s true, and only Titus Young could be this stupid.
So let’s take a look at Titus Young’s fascinating timeline since being drafted by the Lions.- 2011 NFL Draft, selected by the Detroit Lions in 2nd round
- 2011 NFL Draft, selected by the Detroit Lions in 2nd round
- Scores first NFL touchdown, October 30th, 2011
- Finishes rookie season with Lions, 48 receptions, over 600 yards and 6 touchdowns
- May 2012, sucker punches teammate Louis Delmas
- November 2012, deliberately lines up in wrong position, plays last down with Lions
- December 5th, 2012 put on Injured Reserve by Lions, released month later
- Picked up by St. Louis Rams and released 10 days later
- May 5th, 2013, arrested twice
Titus is a perfect example of someone taking their pretty incredible life for granted and throwing away all the good in it. The Lions messed up drafting this guy and Titus had a chance to prove himself, he did, for all the wrong reasons.